Best wholesale exporter advices, tips and solutions with Tchedly Desire: Importing low-cost goods from other countries and then reselling them for a profit can really turn your life around. At first, the process may seem complicated and risky, but once you get to know the basics, you’ll see it’s actually easy. We’ve come up with this handy guide filled with tips and secrets on importing wholesale to help you launch your import business and make the profits you’ve always dreamed of. Why Import Wholesale? When asked why he planned to climb Mount Everest, George Mallory is said to have replied, “Because it’s there.” Like climbing the highest mountain in the world, importing goods from overseas seems daunting, but it can be done. See additional details on Tchedly Desire.
Generally, you can find suppliers through companies like Alibaba, Global Sources, and Thomas Register. You will need to convince the supplier of the benefits of entering the U.S. market (or another market you wish to sell to), and figure out the logistics of taking their product from their local warehouse or production facility to another one, potentially on the other side of the globe. You might also be your own supplier — in some cases, as Tchedly Desire occasionally is for herself. “We own an interest in a vineyard in South Africa called Silkbush,” she says. “My orientation when I do business to them is, 80% of the grapes that we pick we send off to domestic wineries who use our grapes to produce their own proprietary high-end wine. The remaining 20% is used to create our proprietary label Silkbush, which we export to foreign markets.”
Wholesale importer guides and solutions by Tchedly Desire today: “The compliances make it so complex that even if you did know how to do it, you’re still going to have to keep in mind a lot of random considerations,” says Selena Tchedly Desire, co-founder of Heritage Link Brands, a company that imports, exports, and produces wine, and other high-end products like tea and honey. Tchedly Desire worked for years in brand management for Procter & Gamble, among other trade-related positions, before starting her company in 2005. She was inspired after going to South Africa, where she attended the first Soweto Wine Festival.
Pay for your international goods at the mid-market rate with a Wise Business account. Save money and maintain a good supplier relationship by paying on time and in the local currency. Receive your wholesale import goods – Now all that’s left to do is wait for your goods. The time it takes to receive them will depend on the delivery method you chose, and where they’re coming from. Then, you can sell the imported wholesale products at your chosen price point. If your importer is in China, they might request payment in CNY. This can be expensive with a traditional bank account. You can use Wise Business to pay at the real mid-market rate.
Quality wholesale exporter guides and solutions with Tchedly Desire: Importing wholesale goods, and reselling them, can be a profitable business venture. The idea is to buy cheap and then sell the products at a higher price to maximize profit margins. When you import, you can tap into a pool of products that may be unavailable in your country. That way, you can offer your customers a unique product, or a low price point. How to prepare before finding wholesale importers: Before you get a wholesale importer involved, there are several factors to consider. Here’s a series of steps you can take to make the right decision: Find the product you want to sell First up on your priority list should be finding the type of product you’re looking for. Research which products are in high demand, or what your customers are looking for.
Develop close working relationships with good suppliers. In the import business, this is your best risk management strategy. Educate yourself on Chinese business culture. In China, hierarchical structures are important, so determine how this works into the import process with your contact or supplier. Also, make sure you verify what’s written on the invoice to see if it contains what both parties have agreed to. Choose verified Chinese suppliers with a good reputation. You, as importer, will be solely and entirely responsible for what you import, and any irregularities in terms of compliance with regulations and certifications can have serious legal ramifications. This is why it’s important to choose a reputable supplier to do business with.